As we develop our MRG pathway connecting Lebanon and West Lebanon, it is good to be aware that we are also helping to expand the vision of a Granite State Rail Trail system. Communities all over NH are developing trails for recreation and as commuting corridors. Currently, one can travel 58 miles from Lebanon to Boscawen on the Northern Rail Trail. One reviewer wrote: “Last Sunday my husband and I drove to Lebanon to pick up the trail on our bikes for the first time. We rode from Lebanon to Orange (30miles) roundtrip. We set this as a goal . We could not believe how wonderful it was . Riding around the lake was such a gift. The smells of the pines, the waterfalls and the river were just terrific. . . It was one of my most favorite biking days I have ever had.” Trail Link has good specific info on sights and facilities. For more info on some of these other rail trail efforts see http://www.bwanh.org/Rail%20Trails/RAIL%20TRAILS%20INDEX.htm
Join 1,071 other subscribers
- How Far We Have Come! Next Steps?
- Cycling Without Age Impact Report 2022
- Great Acoustics in the Tunnel!
- Cycling Without Age FNRT Report – November 2022
- Wood’s Pink Asters
- Hardy Pollinator Flowers
- Cycling Without Age
- A Reminder: The MRG Belongs to Everyone!
- Lebanon and State of NH Reach Westboro Rail Yard Agreement
- The Wild Beauty of the MRG!
- A New Way to Ride The MRG!
- Finishing Touches on Girl Scout Community Service Project
- Bicycle Safety on the MRG
- Thanks to Girl Scout Troop 10659
- A Reminder!