As we develop our MRG pathway connecting Lebanon and West Lebanon, it is good to be aware that we are also helping to expand the vision of a Granite State Rail Trail system. Communities all over NH are developing trails for recreation and as commuting corridors. Currently, one can travel 58 miles from Lebanon to Boscawen on the Northern Rail Trail. One reviewer wrote: “Last Sunday my husband and I drove to Lebanon to pick up the trail on our bikes for the first time. We rode from Lebanon to Orange (30miles) roundtrip. We set this as a goal . We could not believe how wonderful it was . Riding around the lake was such a gift. The smells of the pines, the waterfalls and the river were just terrific. . . It was one of my most favorite biking days I have ever had.” Trail Link has good specific info on sights and facilities. For more info on some of these other rail trail efforts see http://www.bwanh.org/Rail%20Trails/RAIL%20TRAILS%20INDEX.htm
MRG Fundraising Campaign
- Thanks to a Great Volunteer Team: Upper Valley Rugby Club!
- Test your Wildflower IQ
- MRG Official Opening – a Joyful Day!
- Official MRG Opening – Saturday, 9-Noon!
- Access to River Views
- City Council to Discuss Downtown Tunnel
- Change in MRG Paving Schedule
- Planting Day in the Pocket Park
- Grand Opening of MRG – Saturday, July 21!
- Amazing Simbex Volunteer Crew
- Garden Extension in Pocket Park
- Section of MRG Closed 6/11-6/13/18
- Two Bicycles-Built-for-Two
- MRG Pocket Park Project
- Sculpture for the MRG
- New, and Better, Way to Travel
- Call for Artists
- Be Forewarned! Jan 22-Feb 9, 2018
- City Council Approves Funding to Connect MRG to Northern Rail Trail!
- First Snow!
- Rail Trail Angst
- How Far Did I Go?
- MRG Commuter Couple
- Blocked MRG Bridge
- Bridge over Mascoma River Progress Report
Hot Topicsactive transportation alta planning and design artwork cross country skiing Day of Caring" dog friendly ski trails Friends of the Northern Rail Trail Grafton County Garlic Mustard Pulling Granite State Rail Trail greenway greenway bridges greenway tunnels health benefits of cross country skiing house parties Jake Jasinski's pocket park kilton library west lebanon lebanon farmers' market Lebanon Girl Scout Junior Troop #12969 lebanon nh lebanon opera house Mall Tunnel mascoma river greenway MRG given the go ahead National Trails Day Northern Rail Trail Officail Abandonment and Discontinuation of tracks orw portland sunday parkways Quest Rails to Trails Conservancy Riverside Community Park safe greenway tunnels snowshoeing spike art Spikes to Spokes rack Team Novo Nordisk Trail Link trails for all ages UVTA High School Trails Corps vhb