After years of stasis on making land in the Westboro Rail Yard publicly available, state and city officials last week met to talk over a potential sale of 6.7 acres of state-owned land along the Connecticut that could, at some point, become a park and provide a link through West Leb to the Mascoma River Greenway and Northern Rail Trail. They reached a tentative agreement, reports Patrick Adrian in the Valley News: The city will buy the land for an undetermined price, the state will remove existing contaminants. There is a long list of official sign-offs to come.
Join 1,092 other subscribers
Like us on Facebook!
- Mudseason Trail Guide – compliments of UV Trails Alliance
- Happy First Day of Spring from the MRG !
- Co-op Award to Cycling Without Age
- How Far We Have Come! Next Steps?
- Cycling Without Age Impact Report 2022
- Great Acoustics in the Tunnel!
- Cycling Without Age FNRT Report – November 2022
- Wood’s Pink Asters
- Hardy Pollinator Flowers
- Cycling Without Age
- A Reminder: The MRG Belongs to Everyone!
- Lebanon and State of NH Reach Westboro Rail Yard Agreement
- The Wild Beauty of the MRG!
- A New Way to Ride The MRG!
- Finishing Touches on Girl Scout Community Service Project
It takes small steps to reach a desired goal. Hooray for this news!
Yes, Viola, It has taken many, many steps, over many, many years!