The Goal of the Mascoma River Greenway Campaign is to raise $2,255,700 dollars to create a 4 mile multi-use pathway connecting the terminus of the Northern Rail Trail in Lebanon to West Lebanon . We need $333,222 to complete the fundraising campaign . . . we’re hoping by the end of this year.
Volunteer labor donated has been outstanding, with at least 155 hard-working people offering sweat equity. There have also been a number of friends of the MRG who have opened their homes for informative house party presentations by our co-chairs Paul Coats and Frank Gould. Legal services have been donated as well. Thanks to all of you who have contributed time and money to help achieve the dream of the MRG!
What are the next steps? Projects for 2015 include:
* Installing fencing on the I-89 Bridge – Spring 2015
* Final railing on the downtown Lebanon bridge/platform over the Mascoma River – Summer 2015
* Railings built on Slayton Hill Road overpass – Summer 2015
* APD parking lot connector path – Fall 2015 (grant pending)
* Continuing to remove old railroad ties – ongoing
* Approval of Abandonment and Discontinuation of the remainder of the corridor – Summer 2015
* Engineering and Design (bridges, accesses to trail, drainage, wetland areas and permitting, grading and surfacing, connection to Glen Road, paving program, bid documents, etc.) – Winter 2015
If you would like to help close out the campaign, you can “vote” at Dan Whit’s or send us a check. The Upper Valley Trails Alliance is the fiscal agent for the Mascoma River Greenway Coalition. To make a tax-deductible donation send checks, made out to UVTA with Mascoma River Greenway in the memo line to:
Upper Valley Trails Alliance
PO Box 1215
Norwich, VT 05055
or make an online donation via our secure website, click here.