“Equal, accessible and resilient public space can promote civic health during a pandemic. Over the long term it will promote the health, welfare and equality of our cities for decades to come.”
The value of the MRG to Lebanon and surrounding communities is vibrantly evident during this time of pandemic. Whole families biking, parents with infants and toddlers in strollers, roller bladers, joggers, dog walkers, wild flower aficionados, and birders, all out enjoying the beautiful natural space and recreational opportunities offered by the Mascoma River Greenway.
Here are a few tips from Trail Finder as to keeping safe on public trails during this pandemic:
- Make the health of everyone in your community your priority. Go out only if you’re feeling healthy and you have not had close contact with anyone who is sick.
- If you drive to access outdoor spaces, don’t carpool with non-household members.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others and wear a mask in a public setting, including the outdoors.
- Please leash your dog! They are members of your household and need to keep their social distance as well (and most standard leashes are 6 feet in length).
- AVOID HIGH USE AREAS. If you see a lot of cars at a trailhead, try a different trail or go during a less busy time of day.
Stay safe and be well!